There is a misconception that olive oil and olives are the preserve of high end and fine dining.
A friend of mine recently sent me this recipe for pasta and mince made in in a pressure cooker (Instant Pot)! I have copied and pasted it as it came to me!
- 1 pressure cooker
- 2 tbsp Juno Olives' Frantoio Olive Oil
- 500g Beef mince (or any minced meat/meat alternative)
- Few cloves of garlic minced
- 1 onion dice
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Veges of your choice, diced
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups of stock
- 225g of dried pasta
1. Saute mince until half cooked
2. Add garlic and onion,
3. Add in pasta sauce and stock, stir to mix
4. Throw in dried pasta, make sure all pasta submerged under liquid
5. Top with veges, they dont need to be submerged
6. Seal instant pot lid, set mode to manual and time for 5 minutes
7. After 5 minutes, quick release instant pot pressure
8. Stir everything in pot to combine. Top with more olive oil.
Serve, with Juno's table olives on the side