I have been often asked if I have a recipe for Dukkah to go with our Extra Virgin Olive Oils. So here goes with a recipe I like and thanks to Suzy Karadsheh who was the original author.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp almonds
- 4 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp shelled pistachios
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- kosher salt (to taste)
- Toast the hazelnuts and almonds in a dry cast iron pan over medium-high heat until golden brown. Set aside.
- Toast the sesame seeds in the same pan over medium heat until golden brown.
- Combine the toasted nuts and sesame seeds in a food processor with the pistachios, fennel seeds, spices, and salt.
- Pulse a few times until you have a coarse mixture.
- Serve with bread and olive oil for dipping (my favourite is our Juno Olives Picholine) or use as a topping for salads, soups, meats, or roasted vegetables. Store in a jar with a tight lid for up to 2 weeks.